The Workshop on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants is organized by the Central Astronomical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences at Pulkovo, Russian working group on Fundamental constants, Bogolyubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR), Dubna
and supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Researches and the Dynasty Foundation.
The Workshop will be held in St. Petersburg from October 7 until October 11, 2013. The site of the Workshop is the Central Astronomical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences at Pulkovo, St. Petersburg (http://www.gaoran.ru/).
It continues the series of All-Russia workshops "Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants", which started in 2008 in St. Petersburg and later took place in Dubna (2009, 2011), St. Petersburg (2010) and High Tatras (2012).
The working languages of the workshop are Russian and English.
The main topics of the workshop are:
- fundamental constants of modern physics
- determination of fundamental physical constants
- precision measurements and fundamental constants in astrophysics and cosmology
- search for time variation fundamental constants
- fundamental physics and precision measurements
- quantum electrodynamics of bound systems
- spectroscopy of exotic atoms
- quantum standards
The workshop is endorsed by CODATA task group on fundamental constants and Particle Data Group (PDG).
- the registration is open already;
- the deadline for registration is August 31;
- abstract can be submitted from April 1 until July 31;
- the form of presentation will be determined by Organizing Committee; the program of oral presentations will be based on contributions submitted not later than July 31;
- if you need a visa, inform us as early as possible, preferably until June 30;
- participants will be accomodated in the hotel of Pulkovo observatory (the site of the hotel http://pulmeridian.ru), which has limited number of places; if you need a hotel, we recommend you to inform us in advance, not later than August 31 (approximate cost of the hotel is 65 Euro (a single room), 90 Euro (a double room for two persons), 45 Euro (1/2 of a double room);
- Pulkovo observatory is located south of St. Petersburg and connected to the city by regular buses and shuttles (approximately 15 minutes to metro station "Moskovskaya", the cost of transportation is from 50 to 80 Eurocents depending on type of trasport);
- limited support of participants is possible; please, inform us about need of the support until July 31.
More information can be found at our site (http://www.gaoran.ru/russian/psas/ffk2013). Please, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if necessary.